Tuesday, September 21, 2010
They called late yesterday afternoon to say that I have 2 embryos out of the 3 eggs they retrieved on Sunday. The RE wanted to do the transfer today. Which would make it a 2 day transfer instead of the 3 day as planned. So we arrived today at 12 noon for the transfer. We soon found out from the doctor that we have only one embryo out of the 2 that made it to transfer. The one that made it is of good quality. It has 4 cells which is the usual number for day two and has no fragments. The ultrasound tech gave us a copy of the picture to take with us. I really have mixed emotions about the whole thing but I am trying to remain positive. Everything is out of our hands now so all we can do is wait the long two week wait. In the mean time I am going to try to stay busy. We will find out our results a few days before we are due to leave for our week long vacation/honeymoon in P-town so hopefully we will get good news. If not we will definitely need some time away to re-group and support one another. Keeping our fingers crossed and trying to stay positive.