Sunday, August 28, 2011

14 weeks

It has been so long since I posted. So much to say but so little time to say it all. A lot has changed in our lives some great and some not so great. As everyone probably knows by now, on May 11 I gave birth to our baby boy...Owen. I hope to sit down soon and do a post on my birth experience but until then I will catch up a little. Owen is now 14 weeks old and is growing so fast. He changes weekly. We are so in love with him and can't imagine life without him. He is such a happy baby, always smiling. We had a rough start with him due to a milk protein allergy and really bad reflux. He was so miserable the first month and half of his life. But with several visits to the doctor and 2 pediatric gastroenterology consults he is finally well and doing great. They put him on prescription formula and reflux medication. The whole formula thing is not what I wanted to happen and is whole another story in itself but due to me not being able to produce enough milk and him being a late term preemie I had no choice. I was fortunate enough to be able to take a full 8 weeks off from work and when I returned J started her maternity leave for 5 weeks. This week was the first week we both were back at work. J cut her hours so that we would not have to put him in daycare and between my mom watching him for 3 hours 2-3 days a week and she and I being off the other days he is always home.
On another note my father had a massive stroke 2 weeks ago and he currently in rehab. He could not move his right side at all but slowly regained movement on it. He is now able to walk but is unsteady and can move his right arm but his hand does not work. He is unable to talk and has difficulty swallowing. The doctors are hopeful that with lots of therapy he can regain a lot of the things he has lost. I hope so. He is working so hard. He has 3 full hours of therapy a day. Each time I go there and bring Owen my father's eyes light up and he gives a big laugh. He and my mom are so in love with him. They waited so long to be grandparents. I just pray that he gets well soon so that he can enjoy his grandson.
When I returned to work I started my new position as nurse manager. I has been a good change for me. The hours are regular and I now have holidays off. This is a huge deal for us. If I had not gotten this position it would have been so hard for us. My hours would have changed quarterly and I would have had to do night shifts. I am so thankful things worked out for us. I got a raise and better hours. Can't complain.
I want to leave you with a few pictures of Owen but I promise there will be more soon.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5646030045744548930" />



sor:hand;width: 320px; height: 240px;" src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhIGMTURv4jNE2sGO63TSD1eQZbUcZUrMOG_alYP_G62vyBAzxalA09IklcuCLMk71YmdvpHtw4T0OINoaoGZnsNRBI5cxfOjb6jbtz9hKG-e-33VzT6TxtYGgZ519-ZOBKT8LWOk93OFk/s320/DSCN1531.JPG" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5646030050458775858" />